"I did my challenge to support an amazing charity that supported our family at one of the hardest times of our lives; in memory of Drew" Catherine Hirst
"I ran the Cardiff Half Marathon for HEART UK, to raise vital funds to support the great work they do. This was one way I could give something back to the organisation that has given me great support in working to understand and reduce my cholesterol levels". Geoff Noble
"Keeping fit is really important for us and we both love getting involved with a challenge which we can do together. It’s hard work with all the training but it’s also great fun, especially when we see how much we have raised for HEART UK."
Steve and Gill, Cheshire
Events & challenges
Go that extra mile and keep hearts running by doing one of our fantastic sporting challenges!
We work to support anyone with high cholesterol – a big risk factor for strokes and heart attacks. We receive no government funding and rely on kind people like you to get involved and raise funds by doing one of our fun sporting challenges.
We have places available in:
- Virgin Money London Marathon
- Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon
- Vitality 10km
- The Greater Manchester Marathon
- The Bournemouth Half Marathon
- The EMF Edinburgh 10k
- The Big Heart Bike Ride
Through our partnership with Life changing Challenges we also have opportunities for wing walking, parachute jumping and other exciting activities. So, whatever is on your 'bucket list' we can help find a challenge to suit you!
How your support saves lives:
With the money you raise we can:
- Run our Helpline where our specialist nurses and dieticians help people look after themselves and get the care and support they need
- Campaign and lobby the government to help make sure people get the best levels of care
- Educate and inform about the condition Familial hypercholesterolaemia (often shortened to FH) an inherited condition which leads to exceptionally high cholesterol levels
- Provide expert information and advice to help people stay healthy.
We will support you with a fundraising pack, t-shirt or running vest and lots of encouragement along the way.
Post photographs on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook - @heartukcharity using #TeamHEARTUK ,
If you would like to raise money for HEART UK please get in touch:
- Email: Fundraising@heartuk.org.uk
- Telephone: 01628 777 046
HEART UK cannot accept liability for any problems or accidents during activities run in its name. Please make sure you keep it safe and legal, as well as having fun! For comprehensive advice on all aspects of health and safety at events, see http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/law.pdf