‘The Great British Bike off was a fantastic team effort from Health Unlimited, raising over £500 for such a worthy cause. We can’t wait to do it all over again next year!’ King Ho
Learn more about supporting HEART UK in your local community by becoming an Ambassador or find an Ambassador in your area
October is National Cholesterol Month - see how you can get involved!
Fun Fundraising ideas to get you inspired!
- Come Dine with Me – invite your friends round for a low cholesterol meal and charge each person £15 for the privilege. We hope to have some suitable recipes available soon so keep checking our recipe section on our website for inspiration. Check out our heart healthy recipes.
- Put on a film night. Hire a hall or speak to your local cinema. Get sponsored to come dressed in pyjamas (heart shaped ones of course)!
- Organise a Paintball day! We have partnered with Delta Force who have donated to us charity vouchers for our fundraisers. There are ten vouchers in a pack worth £100 (excluding paintballs). To apply for tickets email development and raise funds paintballing!
- Host a Hearty Tea party! Or simply make hearty cakes and sell them – see our range of heart healthy tea time treats.
- Why not talk to a local restaurant and see whether they will put on a special fundraising meal as part of National Cholesterol Month?
- Wine tasting evening - spend an evening tasting fine wines. Ask friends and family to pay an entry fee, provide wine, cheese and French bread free of charge. Try and get the wine donated.
- Organise a sponsored dog walk and encourage people to walk and raise funds too - just like Millie and Rosie
- Why not arrange a Quiz night – in your local hall – run a raffle too. We have a quiz you could use - email development to get a copy of this.
- Treat your heart with a sponsored slim – set yourself a goal and get your friends to sponsor you – the pounds will soon drop off and the £1’s mount up!
- Arrange a car washing day with your place of work. It’s a fun way to raise funds and great exercise too!
- Sell HEART UK red laces - £1 a pack – email development to find out more.
- Hold a Garden party - or if you have a beautiful garden open it for the afternoon and offer refreshments, raffle etc.
- Guess who the baby is (from photos) - Ask for baby photos and get your friends to guess who they are. Pay to enter.
- Bingo - Organise a bingo event – devise your own calls for the numbers. Charge a fee per game.
Once you have decided on what you want to do, open up your Virgin Money Giving page or Just Giving page and send the link to all your family and friends and get fundraising. For a sponsorship form and information on further fundraising ideas or to request a fundraising pack please email development.