Lines open Mon-Fri 10am-3pm
Punjabi, Urdu & Hindi spoken on Fri
Calls to our 0345 helpline costs no more than calls to geographic (01 and 02) numbers and must be included in inclusive minutes on mobile phones and discount schemes. Calls from landlines are typically charged between 2p and 10p per minute while calls from mobiles typically cost between 10p and 40p per minute. Calls from landlines and mobiles to 0345 numbers are included in free call packages.
National Cholesterol Month, October 2016
We are now planning our National Cholesterol Month campaign for this year. To get involved or to find out how your company can support our work by being a partner during National Cholesterol Month please email Charlotte or phone 01628 777046.
Learn more about The Great Cholesterol Challenge 2016
Check out the highlights from National Cholesterol Month 2015.
The money you raise saves lives by helping to:
- Run our Helpline where our specialist nurses and dieticians help people look after themselves and get the care and support they need
- Campaign and lobby the government to help make sure people get the best levels of care
- Provide expert information and advice to help people stay healthy.
Why We Need Your Support:
- Highlighting the risks of high cholesterol – dubbed ‘The Silent Killer’
- Educate and inform about the condition Familial hypercholesterolaemia (often shortened to FH) an inherited condition which leads to exceptionally high cholesterol levels
- Providing expert, independent advice on statins and other cholesterol treatments
- Campaigning for improved detection of those at risk of high cholesterol
- Training for Health Professionals
HEART UK cannot accept liability for any problems or accidents during activities run in its name. Please make sure you keep safe and legal, and have fun! For comprehensive advice on all aspects of health and safety at events, see http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/law.pdf