Download our simple two page factsheet to find out more about the UCLP.
We have launched a patients’ charter to provide specific guidance for patients with lipid and cholesterol-related health issues and help them communicate with health care professionals about their condition.
Calculate your heart age
Why not calculate your own heart age? Its easy to do using a simple tool that does all the hard work for you.
All you need are a few simple facts about you and your family's health. You will need to enter this information when asked. To help we have set out the main things you will need to know before you check your heart age.
- Your date of birth
- If you are Male or Female
- The postcode of where you live
- your total cholesterol and HDL cholesterol levels
- your systolic blood pressure (this is the upper figure)
- If you are a smoker
- Your height and weight
- If either of your parents have had heart problems and the age at which this first happened
Take the Heart Age calculator test
You cannot use this tool if you already have had a heart attack or stroke or another form of cardiovascular disease. The tool is also not designed for people with FH. However you can use it if you have rheumatoid arthritis, chronic kidney disease, atrial fibrillation or diabetes.