ON LINE REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN DECEMBER 2016
- Hospital Consultants
- Associate Specialists and Specialist Trainees with an interest in Cardiovascular disease
- Caring Professionals
- Chemical Pathologists
- Clinical Lipidologists
- Vascular Surgeons
- Cardiovascular Radiologists
- Allied Health Professionals
- Community Pharmacists
- General Practitioners
- GPs with Specialist Interest in CVD
- Directors of Public Health
- Healthcare Commissioners
- Nurses - Specialist Cardiovascular and Lipid Clinic
- Nurses - Practice
- Nurses - Genetics Specialist
- Basic Scientists
- Scientists and researchers in cardiovascular diseases
- Those with an interest in cardiovascular disease, lipids and atherosclerosis
For any questions relating to the Annual Conference, please contact the conference office below:
Wheldon Events & Conferences
93 Watling Street , Bridgtown ,
Cannock , Staffordshire WS11 0BG
T: +44 (0) 1543 503 322
F: +44 (0) 1543 466 890
HEART UK 30th Annual Conference
'Cholesterol – The Evolving Story.
A Celebration of 30 Years of Lipidology'
Wednesday 6 - Friday 8 July 2016
Edinburgh Conference Centre
Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS
The conference for medical, scientific, healthcare and student attendees with an interest in lipids, atherosclerosis, cholesterol conditions, cardiovascular disease and nutrition.
- The “Must go” conference for anyone interested in lipids and involved in primary and secondary care or industry.
- 2 day Medical & Scientific + Healthcare conference programme (Thursday – Friday)
- PLUS additional Paediatrics and Hyperlipidaemia Education study day (Wednesday)
- Informative plenary sessions given by eminent national and international speakers
- Interactive sessions on clinical cases and patient and public issues
- Sessions suited to clinicians in both primary and secondary care and scientists alike
- Welcome reception with opening guest speaker – a great chance to begin networking
- Annual dinner and ceilidh
The conference is sponsored by various organisations. These organisations have had no input into the development of the programme for the study day, Medical & Scientific and Healthcare programme’s, or influenced the choice of speakers. But excluding the sponsored symposia sessions where the programme is developed and speakers identified by the sponsor.
A full sponsors list can be found:
- 70% of delegates who attended in 2015 felt the conference exceeded expectations.
- 85% of delegates said they would attend again in 2016.
- 87% of delegates rated the conference excellent or good.
- 86% of delegates rated the programme as excellent or good.
- 75% of delegates were from secondary care.
- 25% of delegates were from primary care / other.
We look forward to seeing you in Edinburgh in July 2016 and to helping HEART UK celebrate its 30th conference anniversary year.
Mr Ray Edwards
Chairman - HEART UK
Dr Alan Rees
Medical Director - HEART UK
Consultant Physician, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Miss Jules Payne
Chief Executive - HEART UK
Dr Nigel Capps
Chair of the Medical Scientific & Research Committee - HEART UK
Consultant Chemical Pathologist
The Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital NHS Trust, Telford
Dr Peter Rae
2016 Local Host