ON LINE REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN DECEMBER 2016
- Hospital Consultants
- Associate Specialists and Specialist Trainees with an interest in Cardiovascular disease
- Caring Professionals
- Chemical Pathologists
- Clinical Lipidologists
- Vascular Surgeons
- Cardiovascular Radiologists
- Allied Health Professionals
- Community Pharmacists
- General Practitioners
- GPs with Specialist Interest in CVD
- Directors of Public Health
- Healthcare Commissioners
- Nurses - Specialist Cardiovascular and Lipid Clinic
- Nurses - Practice
- Nurses - Genetics Specialist
- Basic Scientists
- Scientists and researchers in cardiovascular diseases
- Those with an interest in cardiovascular disease, lipids and atherosclerosis
For any questions relating to the Annual Conference, please contact the conference office below:
Wheldon Events & Conferences
93 Watling Street , Bridgtown ,
Cannock , Staffordshire WS11 0BG
T: +44 (0) 1543 503 322
F: +44 (0) 1543 466 890
HEART UK 31st Annual
Medical & Scientific Conference
'Cholesterol – A Problem Solved?'
Wednesday 5 - Friday 7 July 2017
Warwick Arts Centre
University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL
The conference for medical, scientific, healthcare and student attendees with an interest in lipids, atherosclerosis, cholesterol conditions, cardiovascular disease and nutrition.
- The “Must go” conference for anyone interested in lipids and involved in primary and secondary care or industry.
- 2 day Medical & Scientific + Healthcare conference programme (Thursday – Friday)
- PLUS additional Hyperlipidaemia Education study day (Wednesday)
- Informative plenary sessions given by eminent national and international speakers
- Interactive sessions on clinical cases and patient and public issues
- Sessions suited to clinicians in both primary and secondary care and scientists alike
- Welcome reception with opening guest speaker – a great chance to begin networking
- Annual dinner and dancing
The conference is sponsored by various organisations. These organisations have had no input into the development of the programme for the study day, Medical & Scientific and Healthcare programme’s, or influenced the choice of speakers. But excluding the sponsored symposia sessions where the programme is developed and speakers identified by the sponsor.
A full sponsors list can be found:
- Overall conference rating - excellent.
- 97% of delegates who attended in 2016 felt the conference exceeded their expectations.
- 85% of delegates said they would attend again in 2017.
- 86% of delegates rated the programme as excellent or good.
- 75% of delegates were from secondary care.
- 25% of delegates were from primary care / other.
We look forward to seeing you in Coventry in July 2017.
Mr Ray Edwards
Chairman - HEART UK
Dr Alan Rees
Medical Director - HEART UK
Consultant Physician, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Miss Jules Payne
Chief Executive - HEART UK
Dr Nigel Capps
Chair of the Conference Organising Committee - HEART UK
Consultant Chemical Pathologist
The Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital NHS Trust, Telford
Professor Elizabeth Hughes
2017 Local Host
Director of Education and Quality HEE (London and South East); West Midlands Regional Postgraduate Dean
Health Education West Midlands, Birmingham,Edinburgh, UK