Information available from Autumn 2017
- Hospital Consultants
- Associate Specialists and Specialist Trainees with an interest in Cardiovascular disease
- Caring Professionals
- Chemical Pathologists
- Clinical Lipidologists
- Vascular Surgeons
- Cardiovascular Radiologists
- Allied Health Professionals
- Community Pharmacists
- General Practitioners
- GPs with Specialist Interest in CVD
- Directors of Public Health
- Healthcare Commissioners
- Nurses - Specialist Cardiovascular and Lipid Clinic
- Nurses - Practice
- Nurses - Genetics Specialist
- Basic Scientists
- Scientists and researchers in cardiovascular diseases
- Those with an interest in cardiovascular disease, lipids and atherosclerosis
Hot topics in atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease
32nd Annual Medical & Scientific Conference
Wednesday 4 - Friday 6 July 2018
Warwick Arts Centre
University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL
The conference for medical, scientific, healthcare and student attendees with an interest in lipids, atherosclerosis, cholesterol conditions, cardiovascular disease and nutrition.
- The “Must go” conference for anyone interested in lipids and involved in primary and secondary care or industry
- 2 day Medical & Scientific + Health Care conference programme (Thursday – Friday)
- Hyperlipidaemia Education study day (Wednesday)
- Lp(a) symposium (Wednesday)
- Informative plenary sessions given by eminent national and international speakers
- Interactive sessions on clinical cases and patient and public issues
- Sessions suited to clinicians in both primary and secondary care and scientists alike
- Social programme includes Welcome reception (Wednesday) and conference dinner (Thursday)
- Ample opportunity for networking
The conference is sponsored by various organisations. These organisations have had no input into the development of the programme for the study day, Medical & Scientific and Healthcare programme’s, or influenced the choice of speakers. But excluding the sponsored symposia sessions where the programme is developed and speakers identified by the sponsor.
A full sponsors list can be found:
- Overall conference rating - excellent.
- 97% of delegates who attended in 2016 felt the conference exceeded their expectations.
- 85% of delegates said they would attend again in 2017.
- 86% of delegates rated the programme as excellent or good.
- 75% of delegates were from secondary care.
- 25% of delegates were from primary care / other.
We look forward to seeing you in Coventry in July 2018.
Mr Stephen BOLEY
Chairman - HEART UK
Dr Alan REES
Medical Director - HEART UK
Consultant Physician, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Miss Jules Payne
Chief Executive - HEART UK
Dr Nigel Capps
Chair of the Conference Organising Committee - HEART UK
Consultant Chemical Pathologist
The Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital NHS Trust, Telford
Professor Elizabeth Hughes
Director of Education and Quality HEE (London and South East); West Midlands Regional Postgraduate Dean
Health Education West Midlands, Birmingham,Edinburgh, UK