- Hospital Consultants
- Associate Specialists and Specialist Trainees with an interest in Cardiovascular disease
- Caring Professionals
- Chemical Pathologists
- Clinical Lipidologists
- Vascular Surgeons
- Cardiovascular Radiologists
- Allied Health Professionals
- Community Pharmacists
- General Practitioners
- GPs with Specialist Interest in CVD
- Directors of Public Health
- Healthcare Commissioners
- Nurses - Specialist Cardiovascular and Lipid Clinic
- Nurses - Practice
- Nurses - Genetics Specialist
- Basic Scientists
- Scientists and researchers in cardiovascular diseases
- Those with an interest in cardiovascular disease, lipids and atherosclerosis
2016 Attendee remarks from Faculty and Delegates:
“You can rely on the HEART UK meeting to provide you with the most recent and up-to-date information in the field of clinical Lipidology in the UK and an insight into what is on the horizon.”
“The conference allowed me to present a poster to an audience of experts in the field of lipidology… it was a fantastic learning opportunity.”
“All of it. It is the best source of reliable information on lipid medicine and provides excellent opportunities to network and understand what's happening all over the country.”
“A good opportunity to update knowledge in the field of Lipidology and learn about things that could be applicable at the Clinic and are not just at a research level.”
“Very informative, excellent networking opportunities, suitable for clinicians, nurses and AHP's.”
“Probably best UK event for CPD in lipidology and related fields.”
"Having only been in post as British Heart Foundation Clinical Nurse Specialist in Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH) a couple of months, the prospect of attending a conference whereby experts in the field of lipidology, cardiology and FH are abundant was both daunting and exciting. I hoped to put names to faces, to gain a better understanding of the ‘bigger picture’ and to meet people who could stimulate my mind and trigger ideas. I am glad to say all those targets were exceeded but, not only that, the main heartfelt theme that all delegates, speakers and patients together had the same passion for the prevention of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) was very evident. From professors to patients’, the message was clear, learning from each other and challenging practice for a better life for all, a message which was quite refreshing."
"...the HEART UK Conference taught me that everyone in the field is approachable, we all have the same aim and I look forward to the next conference where I hope to gain a better understanding of the genetics and science behind FH."
HEART UK 31st Annual
Medical & Scientific Conference
'Cholesterol – A Problem Solved?'
Wednesday 5 - Friday 7 July 2017
Warwick Arts Centre
University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL
The conference for medical, scientific, healthcare and student attendees with an interest in lipids, atherosclerosis, cholesterol conditions, cardiovascular disease and nutrition.
- The “Must go” conference for anyone interested in lipids and involved in primary and secondary care or industry
- 2 day Medical & Scientific + Health Care conference programme (Thursday – Friday)
- PLUS additional Hyperlipidaemia Education study day and behavioural change workshop (Wednesday)
- NEW GP and primary care workshop session (Thursday)
- Informative plenary sessions given by eminent national and international speakers
- Interactive sessions on clinical cases and patient and public issues
- Sessions suited to clinicians in both primary and secondary care and scientists alike
- Welcome reception – a great chance to begin networking
- Conference dinner and dancing
The conference is sponsored by various organisations. These organisations have had no input into the development of the programme for the study day, Medical & Scientific and Healthcare programme’s, or influenced the choice of speakers. But excluding the sponsored symposia sessions where the programme is developed and speakers identified by the sponsor.
A full sponsors list can be found:
- Overall conference rating - excellent.
- 97% of delegates who attended in 2016 felt the conference exceeded their expectations.
- 85% of delegates said they would attend again in 2017.
- 86% of delegates rated the programme as excellent or good.
- 75% of delegates were from secondary care.
- 25% of delegates were from primary care / other.
We look forward to seeing you in Coventry in July 2017.
Mr Ray Edwards
Chairman - HEART UK
Invitation letter from Mr Ray Edwards - Chairman, HEART UK
Dr Alan Rees
Medical Director - HEART UK
Consultant Physician, Cardiff, Wales, UK
Invitation letter from Dr Alan Rees, Medical Director, HEART UK
Miss Jules Payne
Chief Executive - HEART UK
Dr Nigel Capps
Chair of the Conference Organising Committee - HEART UK
Consultant Chemical Pathologist
The Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital NHS Trust, Telford
Professor Elizabeth Hughes
2017 Local Host
Director of Education and Quality HEE (London and South East); West Midlands Regional Postgraduate Dean
Health Education West Midlands, Birmingham,Edinburgh, UK