HEART UK - The Cholesterol Charity
7 North Road
T. 0345 450 5988
Normal Helpline hours: Monday - Friday from 10am to 3pm
Dietetic advice available in Punjabi, Urdu and Hindi on Fridays
Privacy & Cookies
HEART UK is committed to protecting your privacy.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you.
Information we collect
1. We may collect information from you through your use of this website, when you request information from us or engage us to provide you with a service.
2. We collect only such personal data as is provided voluntarily by visitors to our website and is necessary in the circumstances. For example, a visitor may provide information such as their name, title, work address and email address in order to register for certain services or to receive email from us through the site.
3. Any donations you make will require personal and financial information. We will collect your contact information (such as email address), where relevant demographic information (like age, ethnicity, profession) and financial information (such as account numbers).
Collected information uses
Any information provided by you is used to understand your needs and provide a better service. We may use your information for the following reasons:
- To send periodic e-mails and to contact you for market research purposes
- To personalize your website experience according to your interests
- To improve our products or services based on your needs
Collected information security
1.In order to prevent any unauthorised access or disclosure of the personal information that we gather, we have in place electronic and managerial procedures to secure and guard these information.
Usage of cookies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer hard drive. Cookies allows websites to respond to you as an individual.
You may choose to accept or decline cookies. Disabling cookies preferences may limit the full experience of our site.
Links to other websites
1.The Site may contain links to other websites of interest. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites; such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
2. We do not pass on any personal information about you to any other site when you link to another website from our site.
Access to your information
The information we hold should be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at 7 North Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 1PE
Date of Last Update.
This agreement was last updated on January , 2016.