Mediterranean Vegetable Lasagne
2 aubergines, cut into chunks
2 red onions, cut into wedges
2 red peppers, cut into strips
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
450g courgettes, sliced
225g lasagne sheets
30g parmesan cheese
For the sauce:
900ml skimmed milk
60g olive spread (not low fat)
70g plain flour
125g reduced fat hard cheese
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Mix the aubergine, onion, pepper, garlic and half the oil in a bowl. Transfer to a large roasting tin and cook for 30 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan. Fry the courgettes for 4 minutes until browned.
- Remove the roasted veg from the oven and stir in the courgettes. Lower the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6.
- For the sauce, bring the milk to the boil in a pan and set aside. Melt the olive spread in a pan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute then remove from the heat. Gradually stir in the milk then bring to the boil whilst stirring and then simmer gently for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cook the lasagne according to the packet instructions.
- Add the cheese to the sauce and season. Spoon a thin layer over the base of a buttered ovenproof dish, cover with 4 lasagne sheets, overlapping them slightly. Top with half the vegetables, then one-third of the remaining sauce and another 4 sheets of lasagne. Repeat this process once more and then spread over the remaining sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until golden.
Medium fat, low saturates, low sugar and low salt
Energy: 271 Kcals/1133 Kjoules Fat: 12.8g Saturates: 3.6g Sugars: 11.6g Salt: 0.3g