NICE Lipid Modification Guidance has been revised to enable doctors to offer statin treatment to people at lower 10 year risk but high lifetime risk of CVD. See our responses to the questions this raises.
Cardiorenal Forum, 13th Annual Scientific Meeting
Updates and Progress in Cardiorenal Medicine
Date: Friday 5th October 2018
Venue: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Regents Park, London NW1 4RG
Register now to get the early bird registration rate of £100 (£60 concessions, £200 commercial organisations) to include lunch and refreshments.
The topics at this year’s meeting include:
Diabetes and cardiorenal disease:
- which drugs to use?
- vascular disease in hypertension, obesity and diabetes
- lipid management and options beyond statins
Updates from the BHS, BIHS and BHF on:
- advances in percutanous treatment of valvular disease in patients with CVD
- guidelines on blood pressure targets
- modulating infammation to improve cardiorenal outcomes
Cardiology and nephrology clinical trial updates
Managing worsening renal function in heart failure
Sudden cardiac death in end-stage renal disease
Clinical cases: hyperkalaemia, anticoagulation, iron deficiency and atypical haemolytic uraemic syndrome
For full programme details including registration, visit the website