I can’t thank you enough for your help on the phone and for the information you sent. Your advice was invaluable and has helped me lower my cholesterol and lose weight too. Thank you.
Concerned about your cholesterol levels? Is there is a history of heart disease in your family? Contact us or download our cholesterol fact sheets.
Our Cholesterol Helpline 0345 450 5988
Are you looking for free, impartial, friendly and informative advice on:
- Your cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Changing your diet or lifestyle to lower help cholesterol
- Statins, statin side effects and other lipid lowering treatments
- When and how to test your cholesterol level
Please note this is not a diagnostic service. Our helpline aims to complement the information and support people have already received from their health care professional, not replace it.
The Cholesterol Helpline is not an emergency service and those in need of urgent help should contact their GP or seek help from services such as NHS 111 or emergency services.
By Phone 0345 450 5988
Monday to Friday 10am – 3pm
Answer phone outside these hours and when our lines are busy
Dietetic advice is also available in Punjabi, Urdu and Hindi on Tuesdays
Calls to our 0345 helpline costs no more than calls to geographic (01 and 02) numbers and must be included in inclusive minutes on mobile phones and discount schemes. Calls from landlines are typically charged between 2p and 10p per minute while calls from mobiles typically cost between 10p and 40p per minute. Calls from landlines and mobiles to 0345 numbers are included in free call packages.
By Email email@example.com
For when you would prefer to have your questions answered by email
Write to us at the following address:
HEART UK Cholesterol Helpline
7 North Road
Expert Impartial Advice
Our friendly Cholesterol Helpline dietitians and cardiac nurses provide free factsheets and more advice on:
- Inherited high cholesterol including familial hypercholesterolemia (FH)
- South Asian diet and cholesterol or Afro-Caribbean diet and cholesterol
- Statins and what to do if experiencing possible statin side-effects
- Our wealth of medical and diet fact sheets plus our healthy eating guide and Ultimate Cholesterol Lowering Plan
- Our frequently asked questions about diet, statins or familial hypercholesterolaemia (FH)
Share your experience
"I e-mailed the helpline as my cholesterol test result was not that straight forward and I wanted to get some expert advice to help me understand and take control of my cholesterol. Tina rang me back. She was so helpful, it was lovely to talk to someone who was obviously so well versed in the subject. Tina helped me gain the confidence to take responsibility for my own health. It was wonderful to feel I was talking to someone who was clearly an expert and really understood where I was coming from. Thank you HEART UK for this fantastic service."
‘I have had such wonderful help and support from HEART UK’s helpline. The team are so friendly and patient and it does not matter how many times I ask a question they are always there for me. It’s a wonderful service and I am so grateful to have their support. I can’t speak highly enough of the help they have given me’.